Thursday, March 27, 2008

The First Elimination

I am sorry to report that I wasn’t able to see all the DWTS in its 2-hour entirety the other night. I had a friend who was preparing for an interview so I was catching what I could while talking to him and folding clothes. But here are the highlights as I saw them:

Kristi blew it up again, scoring her second 27 out of a possible 30 points. She is going to continue to lead the field for a while, barring her tripping and falling on the ground at some point.

Jason Taylor shook his groove thang and managed to match Kristi’s 27. It’s looking like a race between these two as far as who is going to get the first 10, and who will steal the first perfect score. But don’t sleep on Mario. With a strong 26, he’s going to be right on their heels. And I still contend he and his partner are a little more than strictly partners.

Adam Carolla, Penn Jillette, and Monica Seles still struggled. Steve Guttenberg was also among the lower scores, but personally, I think he was hosed a bit. I thought he made improvements from his first performances, but the judges didn’t see it that way.

Ultimately, there were no surprises when the eliminations were handed down, excusing Monica and Penn. I think that Monica’s nerves proved to be her undoing. She never seemed to be able to relax at all. And Penn didn’t do poorly, but he’s just so big and his partner so small that it just never quite reached a synergy.
As for next week, the people who aren’t getting their game up to par, and quickly at that, are going to show up as glaring under qualified. This isn’t necessarily because they’re that bad, but this season the field is just that good. Since next week they are going back to eliminating a single couple at a time, my bet is we will be sending off either Steve or Adam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home