Monday, April 07, 2008

Stuffed Jalapenos

A fair amount of the blogs I read are culinary-based. A lot of chefs post various recipes for things they cook. I gotta say, I never quite understood why they do that? Tyler Florence displays in some of his cook books the recipes that he uses hopes to use in one of his restaurants. If you give people step-by-step instructions as to how to make what you make, won’t that prohibit them from coming to your place to get it? I guess what they are banking on is that fact that people won’t take the time to make things on their own, or have convinced themselves that they can’t cook on their own.

The stuff I make is far simpler than the complex concoctions produced by chefs who have received a Michelin Star. If you read one of my previous posts about my favorite thing to cook, you’ll see how easy it is. Point of fact, I have a binder of recipes that I keep with my wife and we add to it after having tried a recipe and deeming it worthy of a repeat performance.

But everyone is doing it, so what the hell. I figure I will start publishing some recipes that have been a success for me in the past, and will continue to make in the future. If anyone out there tries them, drop me a line and let me know what you thought.

Stuffed Jalapenos
2 Jars of pickles jalapeno peppers (generally 5 to a can)
1 can of white albacore tuna in spring water
1 brick of cream cheese, softened
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Remove the peppers from the jar and let sit to dry on a paper towel. Cut the stems off, and then slice them length-wise into halves. Again, dry them of the oil inside the pepper. While drying, drain the tuna and mix together with the cream cheese. Add dashes of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Remove the seeds and membrane from the inside of the peppers, leaving a “boat”. Pack the cream cheese into the pepper, and chill to solidify each piece, and serve cold. If you want them spicier, leave a few seeds or some membrane inside the boats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home