Tuesday, July 22, 2008

10 Bad Songs

The CD player in my car is broken. This is the second time it’s gone down on me since I’ve owned the car with the same problem each time. But this is not a scathing testimony to the inflated and overrated price of Lexus as a company…although I could probably figure something out to jot down about that. I have been forced to listen to the radio, or nothing at all. The problem with listening to the radio is that I am no subject to whatever they play, with few options available to me except to change the channel. Of course, then I am subject to what that channel plays, and so on this is perpetuated in vicious circle.

That said, this is my list of the songs that if I never hear again it will be too soon.

10. Love Shack by the B-52’s; I thought this song could’ve been cool, but when I realized they weren’t necessarily talking about a brothel I lost interest. I don’t want to hop in your Chrysler, and I don’t care how big it is.

9. I’ll Be There for You by The Rembrandts; Friends made your one and only song a piece of pop culture. Unfortunately, we had to hear that song during the opening credits of on of the most popular shows in history for 10 years! Well, Friends is off the air, so what have you done for me lately?

8. Most Madonna songs from about 2000 to present; You’ve been a global phenomenon. Too bad you stayed a little too long at the party.

7. Have a Nice Day by Bon Jovi; Slippery When Wet and New Jersey were a long time ago, but still rock. And a fair amount of their newer stuff rocks too. But this song just doesn’t make any sense, and the infusion of staccato rhythm gets really annoying.

6. The Way I Are by Timberland; He’s done some really impressive mixing on many songs. And the beat for this one is fantastic. But I just can’t get on board with a song that so brazenly goes to an unnecessary degree to utilize horrible and ignorant grammar.

T. 5. Viva la Vida, Clocks, Speed of Sound all by Coldplay; THEY’RE THE SAME SONG 3 TIMES OVER!

2. Dancing Queen by Abba; I got nothing. This song just sucks.

1. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor; Yeah, yeah, yeah. The ultimate women’s empowerment song for any woman that has been dumped, mistreated, misrepresented, upset, had her feelings hurt, had someone look at her the wrong way, had someone say something about her that was true or not. Yeah we get it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

I feel that you need to stop listening to crappy stations. This might solve the 10 songs thing.
:?)

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home